I loved this post from the FIDO blog! I think most of us are a little addicted to our dogs…Lord knows I am! I’m definitely guilty of #3- “You sign Fido’s name along with yours on all birthday and holiday cards” (I kinda think it’s weird when people don’t!) -AG
Written by: Carol Bryant for Fido
They love us no matter what we look like in the morning. They hear our deepest most intimate conversations and tell no one. The tail wags when our day has been less than stellar. And we, as their human guardians, companions, caretakers, and parents love them for being simply stated, our best friends.
You Know You’re Addicted to Your Dog When…..
1 You reach into your coat pocket and doggie snack remnants fall out in addition to your keys, some loose change, and tissues.
2 You wake up in a crouched yoga-like position so Fido could have the comfy spot on the bed.
3 You sign Fido’s name along with yours on all birthday and holiday cards.
4 You ask a hotel if dogs are allowed before booking a vacation.
5 Your haircuts cost less than your dog’s.
6 You’ve got more pictures strewn about the house of Fido than you do of the human variety.
7 You smooch the dog at the end of the day and pat your significant other on the head.
8 You find yourself out in the pouring rain at 4 a.m. if Fido needs to really “go potty.”
9 Fido has a better healthcare plan and a lower deductible on his/her rider than you do.
10 When your pooch barks, you know what the different tones of bark actually “mean.”
Feel free to add to this list! I would add that you know you’re addicted to your dog when:
- They have a much more updated wardrobe than you do.
- You accidentally call your child by the dog’s name…several times a week
- Your dogs get stockings at Christmas
- It’s weird when you don’t have dog hair on your clothing
- The first thing you think about in designing your home is whether it’s “dog-friendly”
- You’ll take time to “walk” the dog on the treadmill, but then don’t take time to use it yourself
- You won’t let anyone watch your dogs except for trusted family members/friends… (because kennels are for real dogs and my dogs don’t know they’re actually dogs!)
- You’d rather skip the movie theater so that you can enjoy a flick at home while engaging in some serious dog cuddling.
- Dog kisses are completely acceptable…even if your dog has an affinity for occasional poop eating (hey…we brush their teeth!)
- You purchase a vehicle based on whether it will have room for the dogs to sit comfortably in their own seats.
Popularity: 4% [?]
- Don’t Lick The Dog
- Dog Hair & the Gulf Oil Spill
- Fit As Fido: Follow Your Dog To Better Health
- My Little Sweet Pea
- Why Should You Spay and Neuter?