This is a simple list, but a good reminder of things to watch out for. If you notice any of these things, please call your local humane society or law enforcement. We need to be the voices for many abused and neglected animals.
9 SIGNS OF NEGLECT, CRUELTY
• Tick/infestation Such a condition,if left untreated by a veterinarian, can lead to an animal’s death.
• Wounds on the animal’s body.
• Inadequate grooming, such as matted hair, which is painful and leads to serious injuries.
• Extremely thin or starving animals.
• A collar so tight that it eats into an animal’s neck.
• An owner striking or otherwise physically abusing an animal.
• Pets repeatedly left alone without food and water, often chained up in a yard.
• Pets that have been hit by cars, or are showing any of the signs listed above, and have not been taken to a veterinarian.
• Pets kept in small cages or outside without shelter in extreme weather conditions.